Ultimate Fan of Magnum, PI

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: Ultimate Fan of Magnum, PI

#111 Post by Doc Ibold »

Steve wrote:Wow, I dvr'd it and just got home to watch, you were great. You were the only non-pro used which is an incredible nod to your spot on the Ultimate Fan spot. You know that since you are listed in the final credits that you can now be listed on IMDB, an honor only held by one other member (Rick Romer)...Good job, buddy!
Wow, that's awesome! Didn't we have someone who played the radio guy on Two Birds of a Feather here too? I think it was Lt. Cook or something like that.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#112 Post by terryfromkerry »

Just finished watching your COZI TV video.
Well done Peter and great shirt selection !
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#113 Post by ConchRepublican »

Stelth wrote:Good job, Peter! I enjoyed the show.
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!!!

I was initially bummed about how little I was in it, but after seeing the show I think I get a bit better what they were looking for and I see where my portion probably wasn't the best fit for their focus.
Doc Ibold wrote:Don't ask me why Chuck Nice hijacked you on the Working out section.
I think I went too deep. I was talking about TM being 33 recapturing 23, but he shouldn't get too comfortable training someone 63 because he's closer to 43 than he thinks!
Steve wrote:You were the only non-pro used which is an incredible nod to your spot on the Ultimate Fan spot. You know that since you are listed in the final credits that you can now be listed on IMDB, an honor only held by one other member (Rick Romer)...Good job, buddy!
Hmmm . . . I did not know that (insert johnny Carson voice) . . . that's pretty cool!
terryfromkerry wrote:Well done Peter and great shirt selection !
Thanks!! Danno helped reinforce my choice.

I received a call from my producer (TJ Allard) Friday evening and he said initially I was in it more but they kept cutting and trimming, targeting the snarky, funny one liner type comments. My comments were a lot more show focused and while we on Magnum Mania may have gotten a lot of the comments and in jokes, I may have been too show specific for general consumption. Plus, I wasn't going to mock the show.

He did say I gave them a lot of good stuff and that they do want to include me in more things in the future. How much of that is industry "we love it, we'll call you"? Beats me, but TJ seemed sincere and disappointed he couldn't make it to the Flemingo Key viewing party. Plus, there's still that talk about a Magnum Marathon to run in March that they may host from the tiki bar.

It was a pretty fun thing to do and I think, if they include me in the future, I'll have a better idea on how to handle myself. I think my posture could be better and energy level needs to be up more, conversational on TV needs to be a little more animated and upbeat. Gotta find my jazz hands!!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04