Merv Griffin Show - Magnum P.I. Cast Interview (1986)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Steve »

With all due apologies to the Mac, I-Phone, I-Pad, I-etc. users (no fanatics) out there, maybe Steve Jobs version 2.0 with the full head of hair, real, not mock turtle neck and non daddy jeans can work the bugs out.......(Hey, I read it in the onion news)

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Danno »

steveadl wrote:Danno, I'm operating on the latest Lion platform. Downloaded VLC but that doesn't seem to have fixed it, still no audio and only 2 secs before stop.

Will try again tonight when I have more time. :(
Damn. Sorry to hear it.
I'm using Chrome if it makes any difference...
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#23 Post by rubber chicken »

That was fantastic! A very special treat! Thanks so much to Max for thinking of us here at Magnum Mania, and James as well. :) I wish I could turn on the TV today and see shows like this. Dare I say it was a better time? Yes. Yes I do say. Even the ads at the end are better. I remember the Klennex one well. Today I bet there'd be CGI involved.

(It would be nice to have the skips fixed.) ;)

steveadl - I have no problems with the video, although I'm in 10.6.8, not 10.7. That probably shouldn't matter though. Do you have Perian installed? I'd try that - highly recommended. That and Flip4Mac. I wouldn't be without either, although I think Flip4Mac is only for windows media so it wouldn't help for the Merv Griffin video.

mandolabar
Captain

#24 Post by mandolabar »

I haven't had any trouble with any of the other videos, but it stops for me at 19:22 or so, and won't play further--it just flips back to the start.

Anyone else having that problem?

:( :( :( :( :(

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by steveadl »

Thanks guys, must be a Safari issue as I just tried it in Firefox and it looks as though it'll work. Hoping I'll get a chance to watch it tonight if I have time - the silly season has begun!

mandolabar
Captain

#26 Post by mandolabar »

I have IE 8.0. All the other clips play. I don't know why this one plays just fine until 19:22. Is there a big skip right there, or something?

:cry: :?: :cry:

scotty73
Captain

#27 Post by scotty73 »

Hi guys - I really enjoyed that, thanks so much for posting!

For those who are having trouble viewing it on a Mac, I downloaded it using Download Helper, then converted it using Handbrake. That way you can view it on any device. I have posted it to Rapidshare and here's a link.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3029942622 ... m_cast.mp4

Enjoy dudes!

mandolabar
Captain

#28 Post by mandolabar »

Scotty73! It worked, it worked! Many many thanks!

~Amanda

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#29 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

That was great! Mahalo for posting. :)

I used safari to watch it. Once I saw it pausing, I watched it in the small box rather than the fullscreen and it worked much better.

scotty73
Captain

#30 Post by scotty73 »

mandolabar - no worries, my pleasure ;)

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#31 Post by rubber chicken »

I am using Safari, fyi. I really recommend those two components mentioned above. I never have video issues...

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by steveadl »

Just watched it with Firefox. Great video, love seeing the stuff from when the show was still airing - rare footage to find.

mandolabar
Captain

#33 Post by mandolabar »

Was anyone else struck, as I was, by the very different body language that John Hillerman had when he was being John Hillerman? My daughter and I had already noticed how very different he moves and carries himself as Father Paddy and as Elmo, as opposed to Higgins--but seeing him in this interview really brought home what an amazingly complete acting job he did with Higgins. It was far more than just the accent.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Re: Merv Griffin Show - Magnum P.I. Cast Interview (1986)

#34 Post by MagnumILWU »

Watching this right now on Get TV! Will show again, Friday Feb 17th, at 10:10 pm PST
"pickled egg please"

Brian
Fleet Admiral

Re: Merv Griffin Show - Magnum P.I. Cast Interview (1986)

#35 Post by Brian »

I was watching last night on Get TV too! It was a great surprise finding it on the guide. I'll be tuning in again on Feb 17th.
Sneakers Higgins!!