Gilad Bodies In Motion

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Gilad Bodies In Motion

#1 Post by Chris109 »

Did any of you ever watch Gilad from the 80's-90's. He filmed in Hawaii. There is a possible tie-in, but, if none of you know the show, then it would be a moot point.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: Gilad Bodies In Motion

#2 Post by Sam »

Chris109 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:53 pm Did any of you ever watch Gilad from the 80's-90's. He filmed in Hawaii. There is a possible tie-in, but, if none of you know the show, then it would be a moot point.
Hi Chris....I remember the Bodies in Motion workout show and I know one possible connection.
I'll wait until your posts gets more views.

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#3 Post by Aloha Friday »

My wife used to watch that show and do that workout...we were watching an episode last week and she commented on an aerobics class on the beach in the background and thought it looked like Gilad. I don't recall the episode though.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Chris109 »

Aloha Friday wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:14 pm My wife used to watch that show and do that workout...we were watching an episode last week and she commented on an aerobics class on the beach in the background and thought it looked like Gilad. I don't recall the episode though.
That's interesting. Now I need to watch every MPI episode to do a background search.

Aloha Friday
Admiral

#5 Post by Aloha Friday »

It is in the opening scenes of The Case of the Red Faced Thespian at about the 4:15 minute mark. Thomas, TC and Rick are at a table on the beach at the King Kamehameha Club and it looks like Gilad doing an aerobics class behind them. His back is to the camera, but it looks like his routine.
Aloha Friday
Tidewater, Virginia

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Chris109 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:53 pm Did any of you ever watch Gilad from the 80's-90's. He filmed in Hawaii. There is a possible tie-in, but, if none of you know the show, then it would be a moot point.
Gilad Janklowicz - born 1954 - has a series on JLTV called "Total Body Sculpt With Gilad", it's on every morning at 9:30 AM, the episode guide says it's from 2020.
I watch the channel for You Bet Your Life and Jack Benny, you can't help but notice Gilad's amazing female assistants when you happen across his show.
I thought he was a stiff, bland, no personality, not the slightest clue as to "showbiz," without the women he'd probably lose 2/3 of the audience.
On the other hand he has the longest running exercise show in history, so what do I know.

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Chris109 »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:27 am
Gilad Janklowicz - born 1954 - has a series on JLTV called "Total Body Sculpt With Gilad", it's on every morning at 9:30 AM, the episode guide says it's from 2020.
I watch the channel for You Bet Your Life and Jack Benny, you can't help but notice Gilad's amazing female assistants when you happen across his show.
I thought he was a stiff, bland, no personality, not the slightest clue as to "showbiz," without the women he'd probably lose 2/3 of the audience.
On the other hand he has the longest running exercise show in history, so what do I know.
The show from the 80's-90's were much better. More fun. Warmup, cardio, abs, cool down. He was a good teacher. The newer stuff is more 'refined', as in, overacting.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Sam »

Aloha Friday wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:02 am It is in the opening scenes of The Case of the Red Faced Thespian at about the 4:15 minute mark. Thomas, TC and Rick are at a table on the beach at the King Kamehameha Club and it looks like Gilad doing an aerobics class behind them. His back is to the camera, but it looks like his routine.
Hi Aloha Friday...
The connection that I'm aware of is....It was a second unit crew of MPI that recorded the pilot of Bodies in Motion.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Sam »

Referenced in 3rd paragraph..

. In the 80's she produced the television pilot for the first exercise show shot on location using the 'Magnum PI' TV show's second unit crew.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0385977/bio?ref_=m_mn_ov_bio