OH MY GOD !!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

OH MY GOD !!!

#1 Post by N1095A »

"But Higgins, I can explain."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Sam »

Hi N1095A...but it does include free shipping.....I'm thinking the price is a misprint.

N1095A

#3 Post by N1095A »

Sam wrote:Hi N1095A...but it does include free shipping.....I'm thinking the price is a misprint.
Not sure Sam, but this was on before. It had 31 bids and was at $154. That's the cap made by only looking.

DixieCupDrinker
Ensign

#4 Post by DixieCupDrinker »

Can you get the hat directly from Only Looking? I really want that hat, but don't want to pay $170 for it. Thanks.

N1095A

#5 Post by N1095A »

You can IM him. Pretty sure he'll sell outside of Ebay. I meant to mention to James that only looking (Stephen) said it was okay to list him as a source for the cap in the Magnum Gear section, James, if you see this...

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#6 Post by J.J. Walters »

$170!? Uh, any chance we can get a "Magnum Maniac" discount price? ;)
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

IF anyone bids on that they are high! I made mine for less than thirty bucks.
Last edited by IKnowWhatYoureThinking on Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

N1095A

#8 Post by N1095A »

I'm hoping this is a sort of test auction to see what he can get for the cap. I'm also hoping this price is for the general public, and not MM members. I've exchanged a few PMs with Stephen, and he seems like a pretty good guy, so.... Just sayin'

DixieCupDrinker
Ensign

#9 Post by DixieCupDrinker »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:IF anyone bids on that they are high! I made mine for less than thirty bucks.
Less than $30? Where were you able to find the patch?

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by only looking »

Hi guys, I am selling the hat for $24.99 plus $5.95 for first class shipping. I posted one on ebay for the starting bid of $24.99 and sold one for that to someone in Indiana, the second one went high due to a bdding war, so I emailed the second highest offer to see if they would buy it now for the lowest amount offered, they agreed but wanted me to pay the shipping.So I then put up the BUY IT NOW auction pretty much for him. I'll be listing one again on Sunday at the starting price of $24.99. Although I don't have any obligations to anyone on this forum, I am offering them to Magnum mania members for the $24.99 plus shipping. I did offer them awhile ago and no one seemed interested in them, now they seem to actually be selling, the interest has increased.... :wink: HHHMMMM. But if anyone thinks the $24.99 Plus shipping is high, do what I did....make your own. Trust me I had a H@## of a time to get the right type of hat and the patch as close as possible. Good luck.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#11 Post by golfmobile »

only looking,

I think you deserve every penny you can get for it on eBay! You did all the work to get it re-created, so you've earned it, to my way of thinking. I'm sure we all here appreciate your offering it to us for the $24.99 price plus shipping. I personally don't think that's too high, because I too have made some very specialized things for the joy of making them, then someone wants it for a song, when EYE spent hours and hours figuring it out! So, as you did, I sell to people I "know" at a reasonable price and anyone on Ebay can pay whatever they want. (For an idea of what I'm talking about, what I learned to make was a very specialized high-heel doll shoe [in three different sizes for different vintage dolls]; and over the last five years I've probably made close to $5,000 selling these shoes to collectors of the vintage dolls who need them -- because the shoes can't be found anywhere, they simply aren't made any more. I don't do it much any more because I've lost that particular doll "fever" but even this week I've gotten emails ordering a few pairs -- so I better go make some shoes to support my OTHER vices!)

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#12 Post by J.J. Walters »

only looking wrote:Hi guys, I am selling the hat for $24.99 plus $5.95 for first class shipping.
That sounds like a fair price to me. Much thanks for putting the hat together and offering it up fellow "Magnum Maniacs". :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#13 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I think 24.99 plus shipping is very fair! I understand with the price on the auction now. Hey if someone wants to pay that much I think you should get it. I wasn't begruging you for paying that, but wondering why someone would be willing to do so.

I had my patch made. I had five made for eight bucks each, and I gave a few to my buddies and made a hat with mine. I think my patch is a little smaller than Only looking's is, but I still think it turned out pretty well.

N1095A

#14 Post by N1095A »

Same here. I figure if someone's willing to pay that on Ebay by all means let 'em. I posted the link because I was suprised it went up that high. Back in my younger days when I had money to burn I'd probably have paid that much. :lol:
Now if we can get the "Get Wet" cap done....

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by only looking »

I really appreciate the complaments from all here on the forum. If anyone wants to follow suit, I'd look for some Camo trucker hats and try and find as close as possible and put the trident patch on it and sell them on ebay. Who knows, they may also sell. I've NEVER SEEN one on ebay, and that's the ticket to possibly lucking out, the bely buckle might also be a choice. Just start the bid for the smallest amount you have to have to recoop your cost and wait and see.....like fishing. :)
It made me do it Higgins!!!