What beer did they drink on the show?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: What beer did they drink on the show?

#31 Post by KENJI »

This might be posted somewhere else, but just in case.........
http://dumbartonbrewing.blogspot.ca/201 ... -neck.html

Lamze7
Ensign

#32 Post by Lamze7 »

Hello friends!! Here is a list of some popular beer brands which every person love to drink no matters in which age. I personally think that beers are made for everyone! Which one is your favorite brand?

BWheelz54
Admiral

#33 Post by BWheelz54 »

This Old Man Winter Ale has become my favorite beer. Got a nice tavern in town that keeps it stocked. What I would bring to the party in the boathouse.

http://www.stbcbeer.com/old-man-winter-beer-page

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by perfectlykevin »

I'm from Maryland, near Annapolis. Anyway, I can heartily rec. a couple of local breweries from here if you're looking for a German-style beer brewed in MD. First is Wild Goose, the second and much closer to me now is Evolution (EVO) brewery. Evo being my new favorite, esp their Rise Up Stout. Just thought I'd pass along some good local stuffs!

ClayMannPi
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#35 Post by ClayMannPi »

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by KENJI »

Nice one ClayMannPi!

Danny Lin
Vice Admiral

#37 Post by Danny Lin »

Hi everyone!

Does anyone happen to know which beer Magnum drank in episode 1 and 2?

It has a very simple blue and white label and can be seen at least three occasions:

1.: When Thomas comes home from Hickam Airbase in the beginning, before he tries to call Dan, he grabs a beer from his own fridge.

2.: When Thomas talks to Ensign Healy in the yacht harbour he drinks from a bottle of that beer.

3.: At the very end Thomas sitting in a chair with his left arm in a sling opens a bottle of that beer and drinks from it. While he drinks the label can be seen fairly good upside down.

Another question I have is why Thomas and Healy can openly drink beer in the yacht harbour. Isn´t this considered public drinking? Is that legal in Hawaii? Or is the yacht harbour perhaps considered to be kind of a private area?
... Then I'm history... Walking history... I'll be just another chapter in one of those dumb books Louise Peardon makes me read: "Prince Danny Lin, assassinated July." ...

Danny Lin
Vice Admiral

#38 Post by Danny Lin »

Here some images concerning my above post:

Any suggestions which beer this is?
... Then I'm history... Walking history... I'll be just another chapter in one of those dumb books Louise Peardon makes me read: "Prince Danny Lin, assassinated July." ...

Danny Lin
Vice Admiral

#39 Post by Danny Lin »

The beer in "No Need To Know":
N1095A wrote:

There were several beers featured in the show, all were fictional brands. Most common was "Coops" served in a cleverly disguised Coors Long neck Bottle. Magnum's favorite beer was Old Dusseldorf, also in a long neck, but very difficult to find in the islands. Old Dusseldorf was a traditional old German beer brewed in Maryland. There was also "Tiller" and "Flagler" beers which appeared only, in the episodes "Skin Deep" and "Distant Reletive". Lastly, and the most common after "Coops" was simply called "Beer".
Neither the beer in the 1st and 2nd episode (see post above) nor the one in the 5th episode "No Need To Know" (see picture below) look like a Coors to me:

Magnum had that beer in the King Kamehameha Club in the episode.

Anyone an idea which beer it is?

Danny Lin
Vice Admiral

#40 Post by Danny Lin »

I eventually figured it out:

I was watching the pilot movie of "The Fall Guy" yesterday. In the sequence in the diner, after Colt and Howie were released from prison in Elmo Arizona, I spotted this on the table:

Nearly the same label as in my two above posts but a different bottle.

The labels in the above posts were too blurry in the sequences I was forced to take them from so one couldn´t read them.

This obviously is what N1095A mentioned as the beer just called "Beer". I never understood that that beer wasn´t just called Beer by the actors but that in fact the label just says "Beer". OMG, boooooooorinnnnnnngggggg...

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#41 Post by ENSHealy »

Danny Lin wrote:I eventually figured it out:

I was watching the pilot movie of "The Fall Guy" yesterday. In the sequence in the diner, after Colt and Howie were released from prison in Elmo Arizona, I spotted this on the table:

Nearly the same label as in my two above posts but a different bottle.

The labels in the above posts were too blurry in the sequences I was forced to take them from so one couldn´t read them.

This obviously is what N1095A mentioned as the beer just called "Beer". I never understood that that beer wasn´t just called Beer by the actors but that in fact the label just says "Beer". OMG, boooooooorinnnnnnngggggg...
Below is the only image I could capture from the pilot that is clear enough to read anything on the label. You can make out the ER in BEER. I assume your images from the Fall Guy showed something similar, but the photobucket links are now broken. After this "BEER" in the pilot, they switch to "Coops" for the regular episodes.

Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

Re:

#42 Post by ENSHealy »

N1095A wrote:Ah, we're in kind of a gray area there :lol:
How gray? Charcoal?

(is there a fletch-mania.com???)
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

Re:

#43 Post by ENSHealy »

lutherhgillis wrote:Coors had a rule that it would not be sold east of the Mississippi River for a number of years. Sometime in the late 70s or early 80s they began to sell it everywhere.
We took a family trip to Colorado (from Wisconsin) in 1975, and I totally remember my Dad being super jazzed about getting his hands on some Coors. Plus they had a cool top at the time that had two openings, the big one you drank out of, plus a little one that served as an air vent so it didn't "glug" out of the can when you we're hammerin' one down.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

One of my favorite scenes...

I'm a Boxley Girl....

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by K Hale »

Mrs. Higgins wrote:One of my favorite scenes...

That whole scene is funny. But the cheerful presentation of the beer bottle is where I really lose it. :lol: He looks like a beer commercial LOL!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!