Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. (Game)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Re: Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. (Game)

#301 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Belinda Montgomery who played Doogie Howser's mom was in MPI's "The Legacy of Garwood Huddle."

Have we done Lauren Bacall?

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#302 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Betty Bacall was in both HealtH and My Fellow Americans with James Garner, who was of course Rockford, but I'll go a different route...

Betty was in Murder on the Orient Express with Michael York, who was in Something for Everyone (a.k.a. Black Flowers for the Bride) with J.B. herself, Angela Lansbury.

Next: Robert Wuhl

waverly2211
Captain

#303 Post by waverly2211 »

Robert Whul was in an episode of Blue Bloods in 2016, with Tom Selleck.

Next up Errol Flynn

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#304 Post by ConchRepublican »

waverly2211 wrote:Robert Whul was in an episode of Blue Bloods in 2016, with Tom Selleck.

Next up Errol Flynn
Sorry waverly2211, 308Guy got an Errol Flynn connection back in June . . .
308GUY wrote:Errol Flynn was in "The Sea Hawk", (1940), with Gilbert Roland who was in "The Sacketts", (1979), with Tom Selleck!

Ain't IMDb great! :lol:
We'll toss that one back and give you another shot at it . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#305 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ConchRepublican wrote:
waverly2211 wrote:Robert Whul was in an episode of Blue Bloods in 2016, with Tom Selleck.
Next up Errol Flynn
Sorry waverly2211, 308Guy got an Errol Flynn connection back in June . . .
308GUY wrote:Errol Flynn was in "The Sea Hawk", (1940), with Gilbert Roland who was in "The Sacketts", (1979), with Tom Selleck!

Ain't IMDb great! :lol:
We'll toss that one back and give you another shot at it . . .
Hi Conch,
Time to try again. How about linking Abbott & Costello to Magnum?

Higgins: As you may have noticed, I've fired the groundskeeper. Until I can find a successor, I'd like you to assume some of the responsibilities.
Magnum: But Higgins, I don't know the first thing about gardening!
Higgins: I assure you, the kind of work I had in mind requires no intelligence what so ever.
Magnum: Like what?
Higgins: Like distributing 1500 lbs. of recycled vegetation that was delivered this morning.
Magnum: Recycled vegetation!? What do you mean 'recycled vegetation'? Recycled how?
Higgins: [smiles] Through a cow

akela
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#306 Post by akela »

I've been waiting for a while now to see someone meet the Abbott and Costello challenge. So far, no one has, so I guess it's up to me... Here it goes:

Abbott and Costello were in the 1942 comedy "Rio Rita" with Barry Nelson. Barry Nelson was in the 1948 film "Tenth Avenue Angel" with Angela Lansbury.

Note: I would really like to find an actor from the Magnum, PI main cast, not from a crossover episode, but haven't had luck so far. Anyone?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#307 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

akela wrote:I've been waiting for a while now to see someone meet the Abbott and Costello challenge. So far, no one has, so I guess it's up to me... Here it goes:

Abbott and Costello were in the 1942 comedy "Rio Rita" with Barry Nelson. Barry Nelson was in the 1948 film "Tenth Avenue Angel" with Angela Lansbury.

Note: I would really like to find an actor from the Magnum, PI main cast, not from a crossover episode, but haven't had luck so far. Anyone?
Hi Akela,
Legendary 6 foot 5 character actor Mike Mazurki was in Abbott & Costello in Hollywood. He later appeared as both a scientist's henchman and as sexy Ginger Grant in a very weird episode of Gilligan's Island, with Alan Hale Jr. Hale later appeared on Magnum.

If it's within the sacred Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. rules, how about you guys try to link the fictional character Magnum to the fictional Mister Ed?
I was going to suggest linking Magnum to the Creature From the Black Lagoon, thru Clint Eastwood who appeared in the sequel but I can't recall if Clint was actually in a scene with the Creature.

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#308 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Barry Nelson was of course also in "Double Jeopardy". :)

I found a few A&C connections that went to guest stars, i.e. Nancy Kelly and Patty McCormack, Marc Lawrence and Jill St. John, etc. but I can only think of a really long main cast connection. :P
Abbott and Costello starred in Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy with Marie Windsor, who starred in Freaky Friday with Al Molinaro, who was on The Odd Couple with Tony Randall and Jack Klugman, which had a guest appearance by Betty White, who starred on the short-lived Betty White Show with John Hillerman. :D

akela
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#309 Post by akela »

Thank you Dobie and The Chick in the Middle -- that was some spectacular sleuthing! I think that long connections are actually much harder to build than quick ones. It's an intriguing idea to connect two fictional characters, how about it? Or, alternatively, have we tried Greta Garbo?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#310 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

akela wrote:Thank you Dobie and The Chick in the Middle -- that was some spectacular sleuthing! I think that long connections are actually much harder to build than quick ones. It's an intriguing idea to connect two fictional characters, how about it? Or, alternatively, have we tried Greta Garbo?
Hi Akela,
Greta Garbo was in Grand Hotel with Wallace Beery. Beery was in the movie 20 Mule Team with his nephew, Noah Beery jr. Noah Beery jr. was on Magnum PI, though his character was one of the most annoying and dreary ones of the series, in my humble opinion.
Has anyone else noticed that for the past week when you post a reply to a post, and check off the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option, it doesn't do that?

Next up, for Memorial Day, link Magnum to the most highly decorated soldier in the history of the United States, Audie Murphy of Texas.

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#311 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

For guest cast, Audie Murphy starred in World in My Corner with Barbara Rush, with Alan Hale Jr. in Destry, and with John Saxon, Joseph Wiseman, and Doug McClure in The Unforgiven. :)

For main cast, Audie was in The Wild and the Innocent with Sandra Dee, who was in Portrait in Black with Anthony Quinn, who was in Last Action Hero with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who starred in The Expendables with Dolph Lundgren, who was in Pentathlon with Roger E. Mosley. :D

Next, if not done already: June Havoc

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#312 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Has anyone else noticed that for the past week when you post a reply to a post, and check off the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option, it doesn't do that?
Hi Dobie,

I haven't experienced that, but for a couple months I wouldn't get an email notification when I received a PM, but it's working now. Sounds like a similar glitch.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#313 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

thechickinthemiddle wrote:
Next, if not done already: June Havoc
June Havoc was in Return to Salem's Lot with Michael Moriarty. Moriarty was in Blood Link with Cameron Mitchell, who appeared on Magnum.

Next up: Jack Klugman, who was so memorable in his Twilight Zone appearances that they were acting clinics, yet he could also do comedy as in the Odd Couple. Now that's talent.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#314 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Jack Klugman was Quincy. Robert Ito played Sam Fujiyama on Quincy and Ito was in MPI's "Jororo Farewell."

Have we done Robert Mitchum?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#315 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Jack Klugman was Quincy. Robert Ito played Sam Fujiyama on Quincy and Ito was in MPI's "Jororo Farewell."

Have we done Robert Mitchum?
Robert Mitchum was in The Sundowners with Chips Rafferty, who appeared in Skippy the Bush Kangaroo with Tony Bonner who appeared in Quigley Down Under with Tom Selleck.

Next up, Dwayne Hickman